Working in collaboration with the manager, the consultant is responsible for completing a complete certification file, requiring several interactions with the customer as well as with the manager or associate. In addition, the consultant will act as a resource person and trainer for the team under his/her supervision. He/she will also be called upon to respond to various accounting queries from customers. The clientele consists mainly of SMEs in the metropolitan area.
- Effectively coordinate and supervise the work of team members under his/her supervision
- Carry out the audit assignment in accordance with the planning memorandum
- Validate financial statements in accordance with the presentation standards recommended by the firm
- Preparing tax returns
- Write detailed, practical letters of recommendation to customers
- Maintain good relations with customer management and staff
- Delegate tasks to the team under his/her supervision in order to optimize the skills of each team member
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of accounting, auditing and tax standards through in-house training programs
- Act as a trainer and motivator for the team throughout the mandate
- Relevant university education and accounting designation
- More than 3 years’ experience in assurance in an accounting firm
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office software
- Knowledge of specialized software such as CaseWare, CaseView and Taxprep (an asset)
- Initiative, judgment, autonomy, the ability to manage priorities, a sense of customer service and strong interpersonal skills are essential to the success of this position.