Advisor specialized in SR&ED (and other tax incentives)
Working closely with seasoned members of the SR&ED team in the Tax Department, you'll be called upon to put your solid technical skills to good use, as well as your inspired and inspiring writing! You'll be an impact player, helping our customers make the most of financing opportunities and the many provincial incentives available to them.
Under the supervision of the partner in charge of the practice, act as a business advisor for our clients by carrying out the following responsibilities:
- Participate in meetings with our customers and gather relevant information
- Conduct a comprehensive analysis of our customers’ projects and identify projects/activities eligible for the SR&ED program
- Write the technical documents required to file claims under the SR&ED program
- Be considered a reference in your field within the firm
- Keep up to date and keep colleagues informed of changes and new measures
- Collaborate with accounting, tax and finance professionals on a wide range of mandates in a variety of sectors
- Assist the associate as needed with business development and internal practice outreach (training, team meetings, etc.).
- Evaluate our customers’ eligibility for other tax incentives and help them claim them (CDAE, Technology Integration Credit, etc.).
- University degree in engineering, computer science or other relevant scientific discipline
- 2 to 4 years’ professional experience in SMEs, ideally with a professional services firm
- Experience in technical writing
- Knowledge of the SR&ED Program (an asset)
- Ability to analyze, synthesize and understand technological issues
- Strong technical writing skills in both French and English
- Demonstrate an interest in new technologies
- Rigor, intellectual curiosity, a dedicated team player with a passion for R&D, a collaborative approach and a desire to deliver an optimal customer experience are essential qualities for the success of this position.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, which will be reviewed annually, Demers Beaulne is proud to offer its talented employees some of the most competitive benefits on the market, such as
- a wellness expense allowance
- paid study leave
- customer and talent referral bonuses
- reimbursement of current tuition fees
- a summer schedule
- flexible working hours
- comprehensive group insurance
- a flexible dress code
- a recognition program
- a technological environment
- dynamic internal committees focused on well-being and talent development
- and a wide range of training courses to help you progress….!
Our tax department has literally got the wind in its sails; join a passionate and competent team!