Tax advisor - indirect taxes
As part of a team of some 40 tax professionals, you will work closely with the Partner and the Senior Manager, Indirect Taxes. You will be an impact player, supporting our internal and external clients in various mandates and projects. You'll put your knowledge of the various tax laws to work to reduce the risk of errors and maximize customer claims. With your professional development at heart, and always with the aim of offering the best expertise to our customers, a highly stimulating training program will be offered to you.
- Ensure indirect tax compliance by supporting the indirect tax team in reviewing our customers’ compliance processes
- Assist companies in registering, determining tax obligations and optimizing and developing the company’s indirect tax structure
- Interact with tax authorities for GST/QST audits
- Analyze and research tax transactions
- Make recommendations and provide solutions to customers
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or law
- Master’s degree in taxation or accounting
- Completion of CPA Canada’s In-Depth Tax Program (GST In-Depth) orGraduate Microprogram in Commodity Taxation (an asset)
- 2 to 3 years’ relevant experience in a similar position
- Oral and written bilingualism
- Organizational skills, a dedicated team player, interpersonal skills and a desire to provide an optimal customer experience are essential to the success of this position.